Thursday, February 10, 2011

Been a little over a week since I got back from Ray's MKE, and sad to say, I haven't ridden since. However, 40 degree temperatures are forecast for this weekend, so I'll be expecting some motivational weather soon.

Rays was awesome though. Did some MTB as well as some Uni, and I got to talk to and meet new people and I had a blast. Saw some familliar faces as well. The whole weekend was very enjoyable. Did some flips into the foam pit and tried my best to get creative on the skinnys and ladder bridge lines on my unicycle.

I've yet to edit episode 3, but when its finished I'll post it up quick. Hopefully soon I'll have some filming opportunities, which will make it easier to post what I allready have filmed since I'll have a stockpile of footage.

I recently bought a Huffy Green Machine to experiment with the coasting hub. Ran into some issues as far as the bearing inside and outside diameter goes as well as the spacing in between on the axle but I've still got a couple of radical options involving either grinding and spacers, or choping and welding. Either way, I'm sure its possible, as I makeshift taped my unicycle seat to the end of the front frame peice and rode it accross my living room. I coasted for about three feet without falling. I'm not sure to what extent I can take the riding, but I'm determined to make it work and I'm sure it will be fun.

Thats all I've got today. Hopefully as winter comes to an end things will start speeding up.

No comments:

Post a Comment